Nuclear Power: A Toxic Issue Goes Critical for the Coalition Government
Wednesday, 2 May 2012
A briefing by Tom Burke, Tony Juniper, Jonathon Porritt and Charles Secrett
Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, Westminster, SW1P 3RB get directions
11.00 am Arrival and refreshments
11.30 am Briefing, Q & A and open discussion
12.30 pm Close
Four former Directors of Friends of the Earth (as above) will release the last in a series of six briefings to the Prime Minister warning him that his plans for another generation of nuclear reactors are ill-conceived and doomed to failure.
The final briefing (to be published on May 2nd) highlights the risk to the Coalition Government itself: for how much longer will the Liberal Democrats continue to support a strategy that undermines every aspects of its pre-Election energy policy?
Why Nuclear Power makes No Sense for the UK
- Subsidising the Nuclear Industry (25 March)
- Investing in Nuclear: Current Concerns (4 April)
- The New Nuclear Industry (17 April)
- Nuclear Power: Wider Economic Considerations (20 April)
- Why Nuclear Power is Not the Answer to Climate Change or Energy Security (26 April)
- Nuclear Power: A Toxic Issue for the Coalition Government (2nd May)